Monday, April 28, 2008

The Annoyances of Living in Thailand

If there are two things I find incredibly annoying in Thailand are doing my income tax and trying to get a reimbursement or claim from the insurance company or my company. I went to the dentist yesterday for a check-up and the cost was 820 baht. When I filled up the Expense Claim form this morning at work and submitted it to HR, I found out that you need a minimum of 1000 baht in order to get the money back, or get this, you have to wait 3 months for it.

Why? What's the point? Why wasn't it written somewhere? Why 3 months? It really frustrates me that I didn't know about this beforehand. I think companies in Thailand are so incompetent at notifying employees about their policies. I feel that they're all just trying their best to rip us off. And the problems are always usually the process and the lack of information.

I even made sure to read the Medical Insurance Guidelines before going.

Moving on to another issue, income tax. I didn't submit my income tax statement for last year because it was too confusing. And it's not that I just sat in front of the computer and just complained about it without doing anything. I went to HR and asked, they told me to read about it online. So I went online and read it. The Thai version was incomprehensible. I tried the English version, it was even worse. They cut out a lot of details and it didn't help at all. I went to HR again. I really don't understand. I'm pretty certain that I'm not the only person in this company who doesn't know how to do it.

It also doesn't help that all my colleagues are foreigners. Apparently, the company does the income tax for foreigners only.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home