Saturday, February 28, 2009

Out and About

Finally had a chance to check out Minibar Royale in Sukhumvit 23 last night. I wasn't really sure what I was expecting... I guess I thought the restaurant would be something out of a French noir movie, something that was more dark and mysterious, with detectives puffing cigars at the booth and beady looking guys throwing darts and playing pool. But it turned out to be a very classy up-scale place. I guess I was a bit disappointed. Still, I really like the name. I think anything with Royale sounds cool. I definitely want to try eating there though, but I thought the drinks were horrendous. I had a Cranberry Gin Fizz and La Pomegranate (which was crap). Everything seemed to be mixed with sparkling wine. I really enjoyed my night out with the girls though although Malisa made me cry :P (just a little bit... hehe).

Then I went to Narcissus Club nearby and met up with Boom, Nick and his pals from university, probably drank and danced for 4-5 hours straight. Haven't done this in a while. I think I had a bit too much to drink. Got home at around 5 am. It was so difficult to wake up at 11 am this morning to meet my parents for dim sum. My face was also still red and blotchy from the drinking last night. My mom thought I used a new brand of face lotion and told me to stop changing brands.

Talking about drinks, do go to CentralWorld and eat at Kuu. It's a Japanese restaurant (it's on the movie theater floor) and the AVOCADO SMOOTHIE is heavenly. It feels so light, not too sweet, perfect. I love it!!!! My favorite drink now. I also tried the Lychee Jasmine smoothie which was also superb.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry i made you cry :( don't listen to me! i've been emotionally charged for the past 2 months and probably spoke out of passion. too much heart, no brain. anyway...i think Kirk's bro is co-owner of Kuu. how's the food there?

March 1, 2009 at 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home