Friday, February 20, 2009

2 KG of Muscle

Yup that's right, I gained two kg of muscles. I weighed myself yesterday and I'm now two kg heavier. I'm not sure if I should be happy? I mean, my fat decreased, I think I look the same, I can still fit in the jeans I bought months ago, but I'm two kg heavier! Noooo! I asked the personal trainer there what I should do to maintain the weight I had before but still keep my muscles and he suggested that I could watch what I eat more. He even remembers me at the gym and knows that I run everyday. Nick calls me the Speedy Kiwi because I run a lot and (probably) faster than most guys there. Nick's the Mighty Kiwi. Anyway, the personal trainer said that I may weigh more but I would look different than somebody who weighs the same as me but have more fat.

God I'm eating so much now ever since I've been going to the gym practically everyday. I wolf down bags of fruits and I snack a lot at night. I've decided to stop snacking at night (no more cereal, fruits, yoghurt, muesli, peanut butter, milk, etc). I'll just limit myself to one snack a night. I love the smell of oats. Nick and I finished the cookies I made for Valentine's Day. Yummy! It's good we didn't really have to fight over which cookies to eat because he liked the chocolate banana oatmeal ones while I liked the wholewheat oatmeal cookies.

Nick and I thought about joining a marathon. Not sure if there's going to be any in Bangkok?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since when? You looked so thin when I last saw you and that was 2 weeks ago!

February 21, 2009 at 4:18 AM  
Blogger hoopskratchz said...

Well Nick said I look the same except that my stomach is stronger. I guess that's a good thing. I did the body test at True Fitness and it said I gained 2 kg of muscles. I still want to weigh the same and gain muscles at the same time (lose fat). The personal trainer said my fat is good already. Any ideas on how to lose weight tho?

February 21, 2009 at 8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm well eat less? That works like a charm. ;)

But you shouldn't worry. You look fine! Honestly, I haven't seen you slimmer.

February 22, 2009 at 6:52 AM  
Blogger Bonafide said...

muscle weighs more than fat. since it is denser.

you'll be healthier and look better as you tone up. your muscle weight will stabilize also, so don't worry about suddenly looking like a professional wrestler.

February 24, 2009 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger hoopskratchz said...

lol thanks for the comment Bo.

February 24, 2009 at 3:59 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

nid, i heard they are having a mini marathon in bkk towards the end of this year, maybe you can sign up for that, will find out for you!:)

February 25, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home