Friday, June 27, 2008

Endings

I'm not really good with endings. There are things I'd stop doing because I can't stand the thought of it ending because it'll make me sad.

Like finishing off the I Am Legend book by Richard Matheson. I didn't know there was a dog in the book also (like the movie) and although it appeared for less than 20 pages I stopped reading after it died. And when I found that there were only 160 pages or so and not 300 pages (turned out that there were all these short stories in the book also), I stopped reading because I didn't want the book to end yet.

Or like buying the 7th Harry Potter book. I'm still preparing myself to finish the last book and couldn't bring myself to buy it yet.

Or like watching Friday Night Lights. I still haven't finished the first season because I couldn't stand seeing Tim Riggins become an alcoholic again when he has so much talent playing football. He's such a tragic hero.

I guess it's kind of pathetic that I'm so weak.

It's not just with books and shows, but on a larger scale of things, these feelings are reflected in a lot of everything.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home