Friday, June 27, 2008

New App For iPhone

Just read on TechCrunch about a new app for iPhone which sounds pretty cool if it hits the market successfully. It's call nrme (pronounced near me). It's basically like Twitter where you submit a short message, but the difference being that the message gets submitted to all nearby users within a 9 block radius. So there's no follower or followee system. This will especially be cool and useful since you'll get the latest updates about things going on around your vicinity (like whether a bar is over-crowded, there's a major traffic jam in Ekamai, or where to find that good ol' delicious noodle vendor). Though the app's not about socializing, private chats can be initiated with other users, so I can't imagine how this won't end up being a tool for meeting new people around your area. Hopefully, they'll find a way to prevent spam and what not from those abusers.

Anyway, if I'm ever changing phones I think I'm going to get myself an iPhone. Whenever it comes to Thailand that is.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home