Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Two Seconds

That's how much it takes to really make a decision.. Let alone judge a person.

I've been reading this book call Blink and it's really interesting. It's basically saying that the amount of planning, time, research, analysis, etc you put into making a decision will be just as good as making a decision based on your gut feeling, instinct, intuition, etc.

It talks about thin-slicing, or the ability to process all information in a few seconds and to determine what is important.

I think it's pretty true. I don't think you need an eternity, or maybe even all the right information, to know whether something is real or fake or a person is kind or bitchy, generous or annoying, etc.

This is how I work with love. You call it a gut feeling, intuition. I think you'll just know it, whether it will work or not.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home