Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Diving Bell and The Butterfly/The Sea Inside

These are two movies I've been meaning to watch but keep forgetting to get.

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly is a memoir about Jean-Dominique Bauby (former Elle editor) and his life after he suffered a stroke which left him paralyzed. The only means of communication is by blinking his left eye. I really like the title of the movie. I think it's beautiful.

The Sea Inside is about a guy trying to commit suicide. It's based on a real-life story of Ramon Sampedro who was left quadriplegic and who fought a 28-year campaign in support of euthanasia and his right to end his own life.

I don't know why I want to watch these two movies now after all these years.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home