Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hello Four Months Later

I'm not completely sure I understand what the implications of moving to Singapore exactly are, but I wanted to do it because I wanted to start something new. I was pretty content living in Thailand but I still wanted to try working abroad and getting out of my comfort zone. No matter what, I think it's good that I moved here. The thrill of moving to a new country still hasn't faded since I was young and although there were some hurdles in the way once I moved here, I think the dusts are settling and I'm beginning to enjoy what life there is to offer here.

I think inside, and sometimes vocally, I grumbled a lot about how things were in the beginning. Like how people are rude and annoying, or how the real estate agents are useless, or how the standards they supposedly set and are so proud of are actually in reality so not practical and a hindrance to getting things done, and not to mention that things are overly expensive here. But I don't know, I guess in the end I just don't want to be that person who complains about it. Sure, I complain still if pens and notebooks aren't completely lined up straight, or if there's paper littered around a table and not stacked up neatly, or if the the plastic bag in the trash can isn't put properly, or if there's clothes hangars hung up outside gathering dust, but I don't want to complain about the bigger things.

My life is here now. And I want to make the most out of it. I want to meet new people, make new friends, experience new things, take up new lessons, and just live and be real to myself and others.

Since last year I had this motto about creating a world I wanted to fall madly in love with, well this year my motto is about just being real. Real in being more expressive about how I feel, real about how I want to live, and what I want to say. I want people to fall in love with the real me, the person who you get to know many months or years later and can put up with, not that person who you meet for a few days and think she's so confident, talkative and friendly. The person everybody likes.

I do love the world I'm living in now, at least much better than two years ago.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger - said...

Kanitha! how are you doing?

It's me Ozeki from back in the dalnet japan days~

I hope you enjoy your stay here in Singapore :)

April 10, 2010 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger hoopskratchz said...

hey ozeki, how did you find me? curious hehe

April 11, 2010 at 7:28 AM  
Blogger - said...

hey Nid, the other day I was just looking for some bookmark files from my old hard-drive. It turned out that there were some links on some of us from dalnet japan. I clicked on the link to your xanga page... ^_^

Ozeki

April 19, 2010 at 10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stumbled upon ur blog. Quite interesting facts. Hope your stay here (1 months since this entry) have been more pleasant :)

May 9, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home