Friday, July 18, 2008

The Dark Knight

The Joker really kept me on the edge of my seat last night as I watched The Dark Knight on IMAX. He was the epitome of anarchy and Heath Ledger captured the deranged, maniac and psychopathic Joker wholeheartedly. You've also got to hand it to the makeup artists too who did an amazing job at recreating the Joker from the vision of Christopher Nolan. I really enjoyed The Dark Knight, but it wasn't the same type of enjoyable as watching Iron Man. I mean, people have compared this movie with The Godfather and Heat. It's not just another superhero movie because I felt that it transcends that. It was very much morbid and gripping to watch the downward spiral of morality. The fall of Harvey Dent. Because ultimately this was about the representation of goodness and how fragile morality is. The uneasiness that comes with hope. How powerful insanity is in which all it requires to tip the scale is a gentle push. The casts were assembled really well and the acting were flawless. I don't know. I'm still pretty blown away by the Joker. You can't even find a trace of Heath Ledger in there. It's like you're watching the Joker, not Heath Ledger playing the Joker. Personally, I think he was so brilliant that I consider him one of the best villains to date. And it's pretty depressing that this was his last role. I also really liked the comparison between the Dark Knight and the White Knight at the end. The real meaning of being a hero.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home