Thursday, July 17, 2008

Queen's Tribute

Last night's musical, We Will Rock You, was pretty awesome. I've got to admit though that it was the first time I've watched a musical. It was really my lost that I didn't get a chance to watch all those broadway shows while I was in New York and Australia because there were quite a number that I wanted to catch, like Miss Saigon, Wicked and Phantom of the Opera. I think what really made me enjoy last night's show even more was definitely due to the fact that all the songs were from Queen and all my favorite classics like Bohemian Rhapsody, Under Pressure and We are the Champions were performed. Although I don't have anything to compare the musical to, it was definitely an enjoyable and exciting experience to be able to watch the actors and actresses on stage. It was so much more personalized than watching a movie.

It was also interesting to see Mig in real life, who acted as Galileo Figerro on stage. He was a contestant on Rock Star INXS while I was in Australia (it's a reality show where the band INXS was looking for a new lead singer). He wasn't my favorite contestant or anything (I think he got third place) but it's just cool to see him.

On the other hand, I think that the crowd's reception was a tad dull and the theater seemed half empty. It was on a Wednesday night though so that may have been a reason. Still, I think that if it was in Australia or England the crowd would have been much more boisterous. Tickets I thought were a wee bit expensive. Toey and I were debating whether to actually get the 4000 or 3000 baht tickets or not, so it was awesome when Malisa asked yesterday whether I wanted to watch it for free (her cousin works for the company that brings these shows to Thailand).

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger BREATH-FRESHER said...

Hi,

Lucky you! I went to see the WWRY in Hong Kong. And I've met MiG. Have you? I'm happy to know you went to see it.

Bye 4 now,

July 17, 2008 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger MiGfansSG said...

Hello! Read that you've caught wwry and though you might be interested in checking out our sites(:

The first is a MiG fansite at www.migfanssg.blogspot.com !
do also visit his site at www.mig-music.com yeah!

Our second site is a fan form dedicated to the wwry cast you watched! You can even post messages to the cast and they will come and read!
visit at http://wwryaustraliasia.proboards81.com

PS. Check out Sivan's (Scaramouche) message to us on the forum. (:

Oh yeah, if you'd like to meet MiG and the cast, we can help you get info on how to meet them! You can email us at migfanssg@hotmail.com . Or check our site for updates!

Thanks Loads!
MiGfansSG

July 18, 2008 at 2:14 AM  
Blogger 2-ton said...

Hi, just found your blog, and glad you liked the show. I'm a Queen and MiG fan, so I wish I could see it myself. Curious as to who your favorite was on Rockstar...I have followed several of the rockers ever since the show, although MiG has always been my #1. I hope you can go see this show again, and meet MiG and the cast after the show at the down elevator by the car park (info on that on MiG's official website and forum). I bet you could get your program signed by many of them, pictures with them, etc. I know MiG will do that, he always does!

July 20, 2008 at 11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freddie's dead and there ain't no copy.

With today's medicine he would still be alive - with the day of his death the chapter of Queen got closed.

The later albums already were nothing in comparison to A Night At The Opera and such ...

But then again, thanks to clever marketing and "rejuvenating" Queen are more alive than ever it seems ...

July 28, 2008 at 4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home