Friday, July 11, 2008

TENMON - Gates of Heaven

Here's a Japanese musical composer you guys should check out. He's known as TENMON (which translates to Gates of Heaven in Japanese). His music is very melodramatic, sentimental, and consists of just instrumental tracks. It's actually quite depressing listening to his music, but there are certain tracks that really lifts you up as well. As most of his music were composed for games, or for anime, the ones I had a chance of listening to are from:

5 Centimeters Per Second
Ef - A Tale of Memories
The Place Promised in our Early Days

As most of the anime were directed by Makoto Shinkai who deals a lot with themes about loneliness and longing, the music really fits the mood. It's just really beautiful. If words and art could express these feelings, his music definitely makes you hopeful in a very bittersweet kind of way.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kanitha, this is Joe from PSU... I came across your blog not long ago and wow, I'm glad that I did! I'm a big fan of "5 Centimeters per second" and "The place promised in our early days"... I've been wanting to look up their music! Any idea where I can find them, or did you just buy the CD somewhere?

July 11, 2008 at 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like TENMON's music as well.

Joseph Tam:

I have made 5cm per second OST and single available here: http://baka-wolf.com

You'll have to sign up though. Just use the search function in the forum.

July 12, 2008 at 3:37 PM  
Blogger hoopskratchz said...

Hi Joseph! it's been a while :) I got TENMON's from the internet (dl'ed it). I only have the OST from 5 cm per second and still trying to finish my dl for the Ef-A tale of memories ost. If you can't find it on the internet i'll mail a copy of the cd to you.

July 13, 2008 at 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home