Wednesday, July 9, 2008

50 Baht a Liter

Just the other day the Thai Energy Minister predicted that fuel prices will go up to 50 Baht a liter in the not so distant future. So now I'm having second thoughts about whether I should get a new car or not. I personally don't like driving, and I'm not much of a good driver too, but I do like the thought of having my own car because it's such a pain having to go to work on a motorcycle every morning. As a result, my choice of clothes are limited to pants as riding on a motorcycle whilst wearing a skirt isn't really ideal. And if it rains, then it's just crap. My dad offered to buy the car for me. And if I do get one I'm probably getting a red Yaris or a yellow Jazz, but his motives for getting me a car is so that I would stay at their house rather than the one I'm living in right now (because it's nearer to work). Yes, he's a hawk when it comes to his only daughter. Anyway, I've looked at the prices, which are around 600,000 Baht. I can afford it but I don't know if it's a smart thing to invest all that money into something whose value drops like a dead bird falling down from the sky. Getting a second hand car is also ruled out as the parents have put their foot down on that matter saying that its not worth having to pay maintenance costs. So, I still haven't decided. Would you buy a new car now?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home