Thursday, July 10, 2008

S.E.X.Y

Last night I went to Overtone at RCA to watch a few bands play. All the bands that performed consisted of young band members (ages around 18-21) that were extremely talanted. It's a showcase called S.E.X.Y (South East Extraordinary Youths) organized monthly by Phil's company that gives young musical artists the opportunity to play live at good venues. I think it's really great. Although the music is a bit rough at times, you can tell that these guys have been playing for years and really dig what they do. There's one guy, Jesd, who can play the keyboard, guitar, and double bass really well. Very impressive. The next show will be held on the 23rd. Anybody interested can check out the event's website here. It's held on a Wednesday so the venue never gets really crowded and parking can be found very easily at RCA.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nid, I'll be in Bangkok in 2 weeks' time. Will you be around to meet up?

July 11, 2008 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger hoopskratchz said...

Chieng! Hi! Yeah I should be around. But I'm going to Phuket some time next month. So let me know when you'll be here. You have my number?

July 11, 2008 at 3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm only going to be in BKK for 6 days from 25 July, so that shouldn't really be a problem. I only have your home number. Presumably that's still the same. Can you email me your mobile phone number as well?

July 12, 2008 at 3:55 PM  
Blogger hoopskratchz said...

is ur email still chronicjoy?

July 13, 2008 at 5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I sent you an email to your hotmail account. Did you not get it?

July 15, 2008 at 4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home