Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Thailand's Political Situation

My telephone kept ringing when I was driving to work this morning on the highway. I didn't pick it up until I got off the highway and my colleage was telling me, "Do you know what's going on!?"

OK, so there's all these things happening right now. The police threw tear gases at the protestors. One person lost a leg, a reporter is injured. My colleague was telling me to turn around and go home because my office is located near Parliament House (I think) but since I was almost at the office I just kept going. She turned around and went home. There's not that many people at the office but there hasn't been any UN Security messages sent to me yet. I think they're still monitoring the situation. I called my boss and he told me to stay put at the office because it's probably safer than going outside. Anyway, I then called my direct supervisor and told her to stay put at home and see how the situation goes.

This is madness.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home