Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Small World

I was surprised this morning when my colleague (who sat in the same room as me) said she knew my family from the days when we were living in Pakistan. She’s a few years older than me so she was in middle school when I was in elementary school at the International School of Islamabad. Apparently, our parents were close friends. Her dad worked with WHO while my dad worked with the UN. I remember that Thai families whose parents worked in international organizations or were diplomats usually hung out together abroad and I vaguely remember her and her brothers now. It’s freaky how small the world is. She also remembered that my mom makes a mean Kao Mun Gai and that our brothers used to play together. She also said that I was quiet, loved to read and was surrounded by books. I don’t even remember when I started to read books.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home